Tooth decay is very painful and irritating, but we are here to help you keep your smile healthy, strong, and functional! With these five tricks to preventing cavities, there is a good chance that you can finally eliminate decay from your smile for a lifetime:
1. Get a professional teeth cleaning every six months. These appointments are very important and they are vital if you wish to have the best oral health possible. During these appointments, your teeth will be deeply cleaned, your teeth will be nourished, and dental problems will be prevented, like tooth decay and gum disease.
2. Use fluoride toothpaste and make sure to brush your teeth every morning, every night, and after every meal. If you can’t brush after each meal, you can rinse your mouth with water.
3. Consider protecting your teeth with dental sealants. Dental sealants are thin, plastic coatings that are painted over the surfaces of your teeth and they shield your teeth from bacteria, infection, and tooth decay. This is a great option for your back molars and for children who need as much protection as possible.
4. Rinse your mouth with bacteria-killing or fluoride mouthwash at least once a day. This will nourish and strengthen your smile and it will give you the best chance at fighting tooth decay.
5. Eat foods and drinks that are healthy for your smile, like water, milk, fruits, vegetables, cheese, meat, and sugar-free products. And please avoid sugary, unhealthy foods and drinks, like cookies, candy, soda, and chips. However, if you do eat or drink these unhealthy foods and drinks, please remember to brush your teeth after you do so.
For more tips and tricks regarding the prevention of tooth decay, call us today! We are more than happy to help you take great care of your smile. We look forward to talking with you!