We all need to be careful to not bring gum disease on ourselves. Brushing and flossing can help us enjoy good oral health and avoid the issues that come with gum disease. We can also help ourselves by learning more about the signs and symptoms so we can recognize gum disease if it comes. Here is what generally comes with gum disease:
1. The gums may become swollen, and they may have a tender feel when touched. They may also change from the normal pink to red.
2. The teeth may also start to loosen. We do not mean that they will fall out, but they may shift in their positions a bit, which may affect how the top and bottom teeth align with each other.
3. The gums may also recede and pull away from the teeth. A good way to check this is looking at the teeth, as they may look longer than normal.
4. Brushing and flossing may also draw some blood, and do so consistently.
5. Pus may appear in the area between the teeth and gums.
6. Lastly, a bad taste and bad breath may come, and they may persist even if attempts are made to get rid of them.
If you notice these signs and symptoms, do not hesitate to come visit DeMercy Dental in Roswell, Georgia. You can rely on the experience and training of our doctors, Dr. DeMercy, Dr. Kossick and our team to treat gum disease. Please call 770.641.8010 to let us know if you need anything, and we will do our best to help you.