Brushing your teeth has never been easier, more effective, or more important as it is in modern times. We tend to eat copious amounts of food and drinks that can damage our teeth and gums, so we must do our due diligence to keep our teeth and gums safe for a healthy smile.
One of the first things we should always do is brush our teeth with proper tools and techniques. Here are some simple steps to aid you in brushing your teeth and keep your mouth clean this year:
– Use toothbrushes with softer bristles, as harder bristles can damage your gums. Also, be sure not to press too hard. The goal is to clean the teeth, not strip them of their enamel.
– Many holiday delights can leave residue behind in hard to reach places, so be sure to brush thoroughly on all sides and surfaces of each tooth.
– Make sure to brush your teeth for 2 minutes, at least twice daily.
– Look for toothbrushes and toothpaste that are dentist-recommended with the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Keep your toothbrushes clean and properly stored when not in use.
– Visit your dentist every six months or as directed for an oral exam with Dr. Jeff DeMercy and Amanda Kossick, or a professional cleaning.
– Chewy candies and hard candies can be extremely difficult to brush away. If possible, avoid them, or give extra care to brushing your teeth after consumption.
With the proper oral health care holiday hygiene, you can make your mouth dazzle this holiday season. For more information about brushing your teeth, or to schedule an appointment at DeMercy Dental in Roswell, Georgia, please call us at 770.641.8010 to speak with a member of our team. Let us help you with all of your oral healthcare needs!