Are you in need of a root canal therapy? Although they are common, a root canal should only be used as a last resort to save a tooth from what otherwise would be an extraction. Root canals are required if the pulp of a tooth has been damaged or has become infected. Via root canals, the pulp is safely removed and the inner workings of a tooth are sanitized, allowing what otherwise would be a dead tooth to continue on functioning in your mouth.
Protect your damaged teeth with root canals. If you are in need of a root canal, consider the following:
– One of the most likely causes of pulp damage comes in the form of oral accidents and injuries, which require root canals.
– In some cases, multiple treatments can open your pulp up to unexpected damage and diseases, at which point, the pulp must be removed.
– A root canal treatment is needed if the pulp of a tooth must be removed due to infection, disease, decay, or other damage.
– Although teeth are strong, blunt trauma and severe blows to your jaw can easily knock out multiple teeth or even seriously damage them down to the pulp, which traditionally leads to root canal treatments.
– As is the case with an overload of normal health care services, a plethora of treatments for a single tooth will eventually wear down a tooth and cause pulp damage, especially if tooth enamel is removed for each procedure.
For more information about root canals from our team at DeMercy Dental, come in for a visit. If you would like an oral exam from Dr. Jeff DeMercy and Amanda Kossick, please book an appointment to come see us at our dentist office in Roswell, Georgia. We can be reached at 770.641.8010. We are here to help you get the healthy smile of your dreams!